AGD make easy-to-integrate globally compatible ITS product solutions designed to help create safer, greener and more efficient traffic and transport environments
AGD Systems is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of ITS product solutions. AGD’s solutions are created for smart cities, smart highways and strategic transport initiatives throughout the world, and are the result of strategic ITS thinking strengthened by 25 years of practical implementations.
AGD is the industry pioneer of above-ground radar and optical detection for traffic and pedestrian control systems that are used by transport and highways authorities throughout the world. Working closely with system and product integrators, national road authorities and traffic engineers, AGD develops solutions that fit today’s needs and tomorrow’s challenges across urban and inter-urban settings. Solutions integrate and interact with smart city systems or legacy controllers to provide the high-value data and video critical to enhancing safety and efficiency.
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, AGD has an Australian subsidiary and distributors in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas. The company’s R&D, manufacturing and test facilities come with a history of innovation and have delivered the IP to create intelligent solutions that improve the world’s traffic and travel systems.
Product Solutions Overview
Traffic and Pedestrian Control
AGD’s solutions for urban traffic and pedestrian control environments detect, demand, count, signal, manage and report on vehicles and pedestrians on approaches, intersections, wait zones and crossings.
- Nearside/farside pedestrian demand, signalling and crossing management
- Pedestrian, bicycle and vehicle detection, safety, control and volumetrics
- Vehicle detection, control and speed management
AGD’s solutions for inter-urban arterial routes and highways environments detect, count, monitor, manage and report on vehicles on inter-urban highways, intersections and approaches.
- Multi-lane vehicle detection, control and speed management
- Vehicle, intersection and critical areas management
- Incident detection
AGD’s enforcement-grade solutions for urban traffic and inter-urban arterial routes and highways environments detect speed, range and angle of multiple targets to provide enforcement data on highways, approaches, and red light/yellow box situations.
- Single and multi-lane vehicle detection, control, speed management and enforcement
- Red light and yellow box vehicle detection, control and enforcement
- Vehicle detection and data for ANPR systems
Tunnel and Track
AGD’s solutions for demanding tunnel and track environments detect, control, manage, enforce and report on highway, rail, underground and metro tunnel approaches and are also used in marshalling and open-country situations.
- Tunnel road traffic detection, traffic/safety management and speed enforcement
- Pedestrian and train detection and speed control for pedestrian crossing safety management
- Urban/underground-rail ‘traffic’ detection, traffic/safety management and speed control